Shopping has become an inbuilt part of our everyday lives. What used to be a weekend or a holiday affair has not become something we do when we want a break at work or when we are feeling low emotionally.
The credit goes to online shopping. These online portals make it easy for us to shop as and when we want and since one does not have to wait in a queue to bill or check out the products, it has become a very popular way to shop.
This increase in online shopping has also led to many fraudulent activities on such portals and outside. When you shop online, you need to ensure you are safe at all times. Here are 5 steps to ensure your safety when you shop online:
- Check the cost of the product you plan to buy. Do some research online or if possible at a retail store near you, to know if that product is really on such a big discount.
- Watch out for the delivery charges. Many portals mark down the cost of the product and post a delivery charge that is sometimes twice as much as the cost of the product itself
- Compare the offers and variety on other similar portals. Since these are competitors, you are bound to find good deals here and there.
- Ensure your payment gateway is secure and never store any of your details on the system. Not only can your gadget be hacked but if you were to lose it, someone could happily shop and make you pay for it all.
- Follow up on the delivery. If you are to get the product on a particular date, do set a reminder and ensure your products are delivered on time. If there is an issue, register a complaint immediately.
One has to be vigilant and proactive to ensure one’s own safety. If you need more ideas and tips to ensure you have a pleasant shopping experience, you can check out TheOlive and understand online shopping better.